2nd International Vilnius Course “Vaccines as a Tool for Achieving a Better Quality of Life” took place on 2-3 of April 2008 in Vilnius, Lithuania
The course was organized in association with European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Vilnius University.
The following speakers and moderators have attended the meeting:
- Francis Andre, Dr. Med., Independent consultant in vaccinology
- Ron Dagan, Professor of Pediatrics and Infectious Diseases at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Beer-Sheva, Israel, and Director of the Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit at the Soroka University Medical Center, also in Beer-Sheva.
- Susanna Esposito, ESPID Board Member, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
- Ulrich Heininger, Professor, Leitender Arzt Infektiologie und Vakzinologie Universitäts-Kinderspital beider Basel, Switzerland
- Pier Luigi Lopalco, Professor, Seconded National Expert, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), Stockholm, Sweden
- Gudrun Machler, Director Clinical & Medical Affairs, Central & Eastern Europe & Cervarix, GSK, Belgium
- Roman Prymula, Professor, University of Defence, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
- Vytautas Usonis, ESPID Board Member, Professor of Pediatrics, Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Timo Vesikari, Professor, Medical School University of Tampere, Finland
In total meeting was attended by 83 participants: 74 delegates and 9 speakers and moderators. The delegates came from different countries: Belarus, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Holland, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine.