3rd International Vilnius Course “Update on Paediatric Infections” took place on 8-9th October 2009 in Vilnius, Lithuania
The course was held in Artis Centrum Hotel, which is situated in the heart of the Lithuanian capital’s Old Town. The course was organized in association with European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Vilnius University and Children’s Hospital at Vilnius University.
The following speakers and moderators have attended the meeting:
- Francis Andre, Dr. Med., Independent consultant in vaccinology, Belgium
- Giuseppe di Mauro, Dr., Italy
- Dan Duiculescu, Dr., Director of the pediatric AIDS, Victor Babeş Infectious Diseases Institute, Bucharest, Romania
- Susanna Esposito, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
- Carlo Giaquinto, Dr., Chair of the ESPID Education Committee, Italy
- Inga Ivaskeviciene, Children’s hospital at Vilnius university, Lithuania
- Aukse Mickiene, Associate Professor, Head of Infectious Diseases Clinic at Kaunas Medical University, Lithuania
- Alexandra Peltier, Dr., France
- Claire Thorne, Dr., Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institute of Child Health, University College London, United Kingdom
- Vaidotas Urbonas, Associate Professor, Pediatric Clinic of Vilnius University, Head of Lithuanian Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Vytautas Usonis, Professor of Pediatrics, Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Timo Vesikari, Professor, Medical School University of Tampere, Finland
137 participants took part in the 3rd International Vilnius Course “Update on Paediatric Infections”. They came from 14 countries including Austria, Republic of Belarus, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom.